Ah, June gloom. And now, July gloom. It’s just a fact of life in the Pacific Northwest, I guess. And it is seriously gloomy today in Bellingham. Trying to put a positive spin on it, I’ve come up with a little list of good cloudy or rainy day activities.
1. Curl up with a good book. If you’ve already got one, find your favorite chair and stay awhile! If not, Village Books in Fairhaven is a great place to hang out and find a new one. They’ve even got a nice café upstairs. I recommend ‘Water for Elephants‘ by Sara Gruen. Read it before the movie comes out so you can say “the book was better”.
2. Bake cookies. Bake anything really, it’s warming and the ultimate comfort food. And your friends and family will love you for it.
3. Go to the movies. Check out our local, independent theater, the Pickford Film Center, in downtown Bellingham on Cornwall.
4. Get crafty. Knitting, painting, and making jewelry are great indoors activities. Or look through marthastewart.com for craft ideas.
5. When all else fails, get coffee. Go out to a coffee shop, it’ll give you some friendly human interaction, warm you up, and wake you up! Check out my review of Rustic Coffee in Fairhaven.
What’s your favorite cloudy day activity?